8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sick leave accrued

Morning

I had been having trouble with MYOB a while ago and had to get things restored (it was to do with being online).

I just checked  the staff sick leave and it hasn't carried across to this year.  When I checked "the button" is isn't ticked to say carry across.  I could add it by going to the last pay slip but it won't let me add the entitlements and it won't let me "unclick" the button to let it carry over.  Help!!   My fault, I should have checked when data was restored. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Did not tick roll over leave and now cannot adjust in balance adjustments

Can you please advise how I rollover my staff Entitlements as the payroll Year End box was not ticked and will not allow me to change

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Did not tick roll over leave and now cannot adjust in balance adjustments

Same problem here, every other year I've not had a problem and this year all of a sudden my Personal leave doesn't roll over. Can't adjust manually, it automatically takes it back out

Have set up a new payroll category for Personal Leave that should roll over but really dont think this is the right way to do it - but I'm not prepared to sit on the phone for hours on end today

Thinking of running a zero payroll run with just the correct balances to bring it all back together?

Still not a fan this week MYOB - didn't appreciate the outage this morning either! 

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sick leave accrued

I am having issues with Personal Leave entitlements that have not rolled over to this year too, but nothing to do with restoring files etc. "Carry entitlements over to next year" is not ticked and should be, but there's no way I changed it and now it can't be fixed. 

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Carry Over Entitlements in the negative

I have the same problem trying to adjust Personal leave 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,094 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,094Posts

5,035Kudos

5,426Solutions

Hi @Louisemarie4217  @LeopardMum  @Simone-sms 

As AccountRight 2020.2 doesn't require the user to complete a payroll year rollover, the system will automatically complete this task when you process your first pay run in the new payroll year, the Payroll Year End: Carry Remaining Entitlement Over to Next Year is a locked value for an entitlement category. The only time that a user can manipulate that Year End field is when the entitlement category is set up. Once that category has been created that option is set and the user would need to delete and re-created the category if they have set that up incorrectly.

In terms of migrated company files from AccountRight 2020.1 or later, that setting is locked by what was originally set in that file pre-migration. For example, if you have that option ticked it will be ticked in AccountRight 2020.2, if not ticked it will be not ticked in 2020.2.

Should you be in a situation where the option was initially set up incorrectly and have migrated with it incorrectly, you want to look at creating a new payroll category with the desired option enabled. You then want to transfer the balances across to that required new category using an adjustment pay. Our Help Article: Adjusting leave entitlements would be able to assist with that process.

Note: If you haven't processed for first pay in the new payroll year with AccountRight 2020.2, you may receive a warning message when doing these pays that relate to paying leave will result in a negative balance. See Leave entitlement warning message when processing pays in AccountRight 2020.2 for more information on that topic.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M The issue is that the personal leave payroll category was NEVER set up to wipe entitlements, they always have carried over but somehow this carry-over box isn't ticked now and can't be changed. 

Yes, I did know that there is no longer a need to "roll-over' to a new payroll year, that was clear in emails prior to EOFY

What I don't get is why the heck did my Personal Leave Payroll Category change by itself?? 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,495 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,495Posts

553Kudos

528Solutions

Hi @LeopardMum 

I just wanted to check in to see if you how you were going with this. As mentioned by Steven if that carry over box was not ticked you would need to create a new entitlement category to ensure accruals carry over each year.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

I did set up a new payroll category as directed, but the weird thing is the new category wont automatically add the accrual to each paycheck. Yes, it is set up the same as the old one including having accrual carry over to next year,  and has been set to add 80 hours per year (1.538 hours per week). So where I'm at is each payslip I have to manually put the accrual in for each employee. Frustrating. 

If it was something I had done wrong I wouldn't be cranky but I bloody well know it was set up correctly and has worked in previous years. 

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I have started a new category called "Sick Leave Accrual 2". I went in and added what should have been carried over and what they have accrued to date.  I put it in Balance Adjustments.  I have only done it for one employee and asked them, once they get their payslip on Monday, let me know if it carries over and is accruing and then I will do it for the other employees! Wish me luck!! Thanks for your concern.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post