Sick leave tracking

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ly
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sick leave tracking

Good morning,

Please could someone help with sick leave tracking. A staff member took 46 hours of sick leave. There are two cost centres to allocate her hours, I allocated 18 hours into 'Personal/Carers Leave 1', the rest of hours 32 hours was aloocated into 'Personal/Carers Leave 2'. However, only 18 hours were recorded as taken. I realised that this has the blue arrow next to it whistle the other one hasn't (please see attached file).

Please advise how I should fix this to reflect the correct sick leave taken.

Many thanks

Kind regards,

Ly

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sick leave tracking

Hi @Ly 

To reduce an entitlement through payment of those hours you want to use the Linked Wages category of that entitlement. You can see and select categories as a linked wages category for an entitlement through the Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>Select the desired entitlement and then select the Linked Wages Category.

In your case, I would have it a guess that "'Personal/Carers Leave 2" isn't listed as a linked wage category on an entitlement (it has no blue arrow on the Pay Employee window next to the category is a quick way you can tell). Adding that linked wages category to the entitlement set up will correct it going forward. To correct past transactions i.e. where you have paid it out but it hasn't reduce the entitlement my recommendation would be to record an adjustment pay to that leave entitlement.

I thought I would just also mention our Online training self-paced training course are currently FREE for all users. We do have one on leave management along with payroll functionality, so its a great time to ensure that you are getting the most out of the product and potentially refresh your knowledge on certain topics.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Ly
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sick leave tracking

Hi @Steven_M 

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ly

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post