Single Touch Payroll - EOFY

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
94 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

94Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Single Touch Payroll - EOFY

Hi there

At the start of the new payroll year - MYOB instructed us to notify the ATO again of our JobKeeper eligible employees by:

- going to MYOB payroll reporting centre - JobKeeper payments

- selecting the relevent employees

- click Notify the ATO

I did this - but now this has created a pay event WITH a gross payment amount and PAYG amount at the ATO!

In other words -  there is an additional pay event at the ATO for a non-existent pay. 

In MYOB in tells me that payroll report contains NO gross payment or PAYG witholding! 

I can't just reverse the payrun that MYOB inadvertently created as that will affect by PAYG owing and wages payed through payroll which is correct.  It is ONLY the figures sent to the ATO which are incorrect. 

I've been on hold with MYOB for ages to try and get a response to this.  

Help.  

Lani

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Single Touch Payroll - EOFY

Hi @LaniOUP 

Thanks for your post. When notifying the ATO of start fortnights the software automatically creates an update event to send that notification through to the ATO. However, as STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report and it is the YTD amounts that are important, you can ignore that pay event in the ATO Business Portal.

This post has detailed information on the business portal: STP and the ATO Business Portal

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post