Software ID for 2 MYOB Files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sam_L
Trusted Cover User
24 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Software ID for 2 MYOB Files

I work with 2 MYOB Files.

I have set up one of files for STP and connected to the ATO via Access Manager with the Software ID number.

When I have tried to set up my second file for STP, MYOB have generated a different Software ID number. Do I enter this second Software ID number in Access Manager or enter the first one. 

Both files are linked to the same company and ABN.

Thanks,

Sam

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Software ID for 2 MYOB Files

Hello Sam ( @Sam_L )

With regards to how Software ID’s are generated, and which ones apply for different kinds of users this help article Connect to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll Reporting outlines which methods generate what sort of Software IDs. 

For Access Manager this link from the ATO Forums may shed some light on what IDs are being both generated, and applied Adding Software ID’s for multiple …STP as well as this post SSID Generation – STP 

If this has helped find the information you need, kindly consider marking this post as a solution so others looking for information can find it easier too.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Romu
Partner
29 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

29Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We have a client that has more than employee who prepare the payroll, but as per the link the option of adding another declarer isn't working as per instructions.  When the second employee goes into Payroll reporting centre it goes stright to the reporting centre with the tabs at the top report, employee termination, EOFY, ATO settings. If you click on ATO settings the only option to update is the STP settings meaning you go through the whole process and it gives you a different software id - is this the correct way to add multiple lodgers?

Thanks

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @Romu 

Thank you for your post.  As the original post applies to what sort of ID should be used for multiple company files, your situation is a little bit different.

In Adding a declarer for STP (clickable link within the above Connect to ATO link) you may want to confirm if you are signed in with the appropriate employee if setting up for the first time per employee. (see image below for exerpt from help article)

ATO Payroll reporting center.png

If they have been set up already you can check in What happens after I've set up Single Touch Payroll?

Hope that helps you with your issue and kindly consider leaving a kudos if this has solved your problems with STP reporting.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Jakertie_KJR
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I thought the ABN determined the Software ID but you have the same ABN for two company files. I'm not sure why the ATO issued a different Software ID when you went to register the second company file for STP reporting. I had the reverse problem - two separate business entities each with their own ABN and company file (in MYOB AccountRight Plus). When I registered for STP, the ATO managed to record the same ABN for both entities. After weeks, I finally had the correct ABN and Software ID registered for the entity for which the ATO had recorded the wrong ABN. It's interesting that when the same ABN was recorded for both entities, they each had different Software IDs. So maybe it's not the ABN which determines the Software ID but the name of the company file. Could somebody please clarify this issue.

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @Jakertie_KJR 

Broadly speaking, your Software ID will be generated by MYOB software based on a variety of identifiers  which vary depending if lodging as a business, or as an agent.  This is a unique number in the sense that it is applicable for identification by the ATO, and you notify the ATO of this number.

For businesses, this is based off the file, for agents, this is based on other information including ABN

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post