Splitting allowance category into to two allowances on payment summary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
leon123
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Splitting allowance category into to two allowances on payment summary

Hi,

Is it possible to split an allowance payroll category into two seperate amounts on payment summary.

for example.

when paying 'cents per km' amounts paid under 5,000km would be reported seperatly to amounts over 5,000km.

This may be required as some employees may have already gone over 5,000km however they were still being paid under the same allowance category as km claims below 5,000km.

If you cannot split it on summary perhaps I create a new allowance category >5000km and process a pay with an adjustment minus out the km over 5,000 and add them into new category?

thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Splitting allowance category into to two allowances on payment summary

Hi @leon123

An AccountRight payroll category are designed to be feed into the one payment summary field. For example, Base hourly to flow through to Gross Payments. You are not able to directly have a payroll category filter through to two payment summary fields.

In saying that what you are trying to achieve can be done in the Payment Summary Field window. I've explained the process below:

1. Within Step 4: Payment Summary fields, select the relevant payment category on the right-hand side and select one of the required payment fields on the left-hand side.
  2. On Step 7: Review the Payment Summary fields, select the arrow next to the employee's name. This will open the Employee Payment Summary Information window
  3. From within the Employee Payment Summary Information window, you can overtype the values to be the required amounts. For example, you could overtype the value of that category to be the required amount and then place the residual amount to that other allowance category.

Note: This values are reported directly on the payment summaries and thus on the ATO so do make sure that you entering the correct value, you may want to get a colleague to check the entered values.

However, I would be using the above process as a last resort. The ideal process would be to have two payroll category set up and when appropriate transition to the over category.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

leon123
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Splitting allowance category into to two allowances on payment summary

Thanks Steven for your detailed answer. Much appreciated.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post