Standard Hours for Employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Standard Hours for Employee

Hi Everyone 

I am wondering if anyone knows a way around the 'Employees Standard Hours' and how MYOB automatically adds hours to the standard pay when you go into the card file. 

If I have to update address or banking details then MYOB automatically changes the 'standard pay' hours to the default setup in the card file - even if I have gone in and zero'd it out previously. I need them to be zero or save what I setup as we import timesheet data.

Any help or if MYOB could take this auto function away that would be fantastic.  

Thanks Natalie

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
2,580 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,580Posts

2,350Kudos

563Solutions

Re: Standard Hours for Employee

@NatalieV 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

It is the normal function of the MYOB software to reinstate the Standard hours when certain changes are made on an employees card.

That is why it is the normal procedure to check Standard hours as the Last thing you do before exiting any employee card.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Graeme

Thank you for the response. Do you know what certain changes triggers this? I would not have thought an address change triggers the hours to be reset. 

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 

Natalie 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,681 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,681Posts

4,982Kudos

5,368Solutions

Hi @NatalieV 

As a general rule of thumb changes made to the Payroll Details tab of the employee's card will update the standard pay. Typically, most clients will encounter this situation when updating wage information.

Note: Updating the address or payment details on an employee's card didn't update the standard pay for my testing

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post