Standard Pay Hours - Fortnightly

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AshleaLu
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Standard Pay Hours - Fortnightly

Hi Team,

Just wondering as we use Kronos and timesheets are imported to MYOB for payroll each fortnight.

The issue we are facing is that when we create a new MYOB profile for an employee we put it as"paid fortnightly" as we pay employees fortnightly.

It then asks "how many hours per fortnight" and we have to a minimum of 1.00. But, if that employee does not work that fortnight, it still generates an hour for them. AND the people who have worked have an additional hour added to their timesheets?

I have updated the standard pay window however, each fortnight it seems to update again and produce 1.00 additional to every pay!!!!! We just want to the timesheets to update the hours. NOT MYOB

HELPPPPPP!!!!

Capture.JPG
1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Standard Pay Hours - Fortnightly

Hi @AshleaLu 

Thanks for your post.

When processing an employee's pay, the program looks at the employee's standard pay and any timesheet hours in order to generate the employee's pay amount. You can see an employee's standard pay amounts by going into the employee's card>>Payroll Details tab>>Standard Pay (left-hand side). The Standard Pay information is likely going to have a value against the Base Hourly. This is automatically pulled from what you enter in as the hours for the fortnightly pay period field.

When you have employees that you want to pay exclusively via timesheets, I would recommend going into the Wages tab and entering a value in the hours in the fortnightly pay period field - could be a 1 or a kind of standard amount (it is used to calculate an annual salary value for the card). Once that value has been entered, you would go into the Standard Pay section and change the Base Hourly hours value to be 0.00. What this will do is only pay the employee what does come through their timesheets as the Standard pay would be zero.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post