Subcontractor Super Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
IvanaV
6 Posts
User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Subcontractor Super Payments

Hi, 

I am just wondering if there is any way we can process subcontractor super payments through the MYOB super stream? 
I read a thread from 2015 that says you can add the subbies as a employee card and process just super to be able to do it through the super stream. But would this now be invalid with STP reporting? 
just wondering if there is any possible way of doing this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Subcontractor Super Payments

Hi @IvanaV 

In order for a contractor’s super to be paid through the Pay Super system the contractor needs to be set up as an employee and the amount of super recorded on a pay. This creates the necessary entries to allow that super to be included as part of your regular super contribution payments.

In terms of STP, when you process a pay the STP report created to file to the ATO it will only contain those employee’s who have been paid in that pay run are included. So if you were to “pay” the contractor on a separate pay run then the corresponding report would only have that contractors information.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

IvanaV
6 Posts
User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @Neil_M, so even if I create a seperate pay run for the subcontractors would their details still be reported to the ATO? 

MYOB prompts you to report through STP automatically after your payment run has been processed. It has the "cancel" option but if I click that woud anything be sent to the ATO? What will happen to the payment run? Will it still be processed?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @IvanaV 

If you click Cancel when prompted to report a pay through STP, just after completing the pay run only stops the automatic reporting of that pay via STP.  It doesn’t impact the pay in terms of recording it. The pay can subsequently be reported by STP if you would like, by following the steps on our help article Send Single Touch Payroll reports after processing payroll.

An employee’s figures are only reported to the ATO, when a pay run they are included in is reported via. If a pay run was reported that did not include an employee, then their figures would not be included and reported to the ATO.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CathieR
Ultimate Partner
965 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

965Posts

11Kudos

245Solutions

It is my understanding that if you set up the employment basis to be "other" (rather than Individual or Labour Hire) then the payments are not reported to the ATO.

Cathie Robilliard
BCom. (Acc/Finance) UNSW
MYOB Certified Consultant
BAS Agent
email:cathier@optusnet.com.au
Servicing Sydney South, NSW

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post