Subscription

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Capricorn
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Subscription

I have been using MYOB AccountRight for over 12 years.  I have 3 MYOB company files that pay employees and have just been advised, via a phone call, that I need to take out a subscription for 2 of the companies.  Is this correct?  Why was I not notified via email that changes were being made as of 1 August?

28 REPLIES 28
Robert_Mitchell
Valued User
343 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

343Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

Re: Subscription

I suggest you look at the ATO STP area on their website as it provides a lot of information about your options for STP, especially for smaller employers. Do your own research first as it is a big learning curve for all businesses, and according to the ATO website "Small employers with 19 or less employees – need to report through STP any time before 30 September 2019" which means you have a bit of time and can report your YTD figures up to then.  

Cheers

Robert

Capricorn
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I already am using STP to report for my employees its just that our business is split into 3 different companies each paying employees for doing different things on our farm.  Now MYOB want me to pay for 3 subscriptions to be STP compliant.  I want to know if this is correct?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @Capricorn 

STP reporting on a file is one of the many live services available to AccountRight 201X files. As these live services are tied to a file, if you had three different company files that required STP reporting you would need three subscriptions.

Please note that we do offer discounts on additional subscriptions beyond the first against a serial number

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Capricorn
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply Neil.  I still don't understand why I have to have 3 subscriptions when I don't use AccountRight online.  If this is due to STP I should have been advised earlier so that I could look at other accounting software. Is this something that MYOB has come up with?  As I said I've been using MYOB for over 12 years and there has never been a problem having 1 subscription with 3 company files that pay employees.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @Capricorn 

In previous versions, like AccountRight v19, having the one subscription entitled you to things like free phone support and access to the latest version. There were some additional features, specifically the M-Powered range, however these had a cost over and above the subscription itself for each file, service and in some cases transaction used.

Unlike AccountRight v19, in the AccountRight 201X range incorporates a range of live services, which includes STP reporting, as part of the subscription cost. Each subscription allows for live services on a single file. If you are wanting to use one or more live services on a file you will need a subscription for that file. Please note that live service entitlements are file specific, so you cannot split one subscription across multiple files to access certain live services

Storing the file on the cloud is just one of many live services. For a full list of live services, I recommend having a look at our forum post - Overview of Live Services

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Capricorn
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

I wish I had seen this post about the Overview before upgrading to AccountRight Live because I would have considered using another accounting software!  The only thing I use is the STP reporting, I won't use anything else as our internet service is not fast enough.  

MMSretail
Experienced Cover User
200 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

200Posts

39Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Capricorn,

I'm not sure when you moved to AR Cloud, though there is a cooling off period within which you can ask for a refund - Neil may not have mentioned this as he did know when you started the subscription.

Remember just because Myob says they do not refund partial subscriptions, this does not make it LAW. Always explore the various options available to you. You can contact the Small Business & Family Enterprise Ombudsman.

Cheers .......   geoff

CK3071
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Capricorn,

I've experienced the same issue.  We have one file that is run live online, and several others that are run on our server that we don't need to have online.  We followed up with MYOB through chat live the other day & they told me the same thing, I need to subscribe each file to do STP.

What I don't understand is why do we pay our annual subcription for the serial number which allows us to have mulitple files, and then have to pay another subscription just so we can report our STP to the ATO, which is not our choice but an ATO requirement, & we are using our own internet services?  We are not asking to have a company file online & live, we only want to meet the ATO's requirements.  It seems to me this is double dipping by MYOB.

This is definately not acceptable, MYOB.

Capricorn
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

That is exactly how I feel.  We don't even have any of our files online due to our internet being too slow.  Hopefully MYOB will see these comments and do something about this.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post