Super Authorised but popup window said 2nd authorisation needed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KimSoutham
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Super Authorised but popup window said 2nd authorisation needed

Hi Tracey,

I am also having this problem with a payment I submitted 2 weeks ago, would you be able to help? I spent some time with MYOB on the phone who told me there was an issue with one particular superfund but when I checked with the fund all the details were correct.

I have since reversed the initial superannuation payment and submitted it again today and now they both say Processing Payment. I'm still also getting the message to say that someone else needs to authorise the payment. 

Thank you.

ElkaS
Trusted Cover User
68 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

68Posts

17Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H & @KimSoutham  , we received a message from MYOB Super on 9/3/22 that our Australian Super fund had the incorrect USI etc as 'it had changed' so the whole batch of January22 Super was not deducted. However we double checked all the details of this fund setup in MYOB, including the members' funds themselves and there was no issue with the details we had set up in MYOB for the fund nor the employees. So we processed the Super again (after reversing it) and the super has still not been taken out of our account as at 14/3/22. The MYOB Super team were going to escalate our insistence that the fund details were correct, however no response yet either. So we have reversed the Super again today 14/3/22  and excluded Australian Super and hopefully the payment will be deducted from our account. The current instructions in MYOB Super say that if you reverse a payment that it doesn't change what MYOB Super will deduct if it the payment has been authorised, so I hope that we don't now get 3 debits of our super once the Super team gets on top of this major issue. Fortunately we have a super employer portal we can use with our Default super fund to lodge super that has issues when using MYOB's clearing house, like TFN 333 333 333, no TFNs or, as now... super fund details being apparently wrong/updated. Will update this post when and if the money is deducted.  Cheers, Elka

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

My situation is similar except our payment came out of our account on 1/3 as normal, it's just still showing as processing. I haven't called the 15 super funds yet to see if they have their money but I did use MYOB livechat today and they've logged an escalation call back for me "within 48 hours" to try and get to the bottom of it. I don't want to reverse and reprocess if in fact the transaction has gone through and the status is not updating.

KimSoutham
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @ElkaS ,

I've received a further email from MYOB today with some clearer instructions.

If you have more than one fund with the same USI it will cause a problem. We had 2 x employees with Australian Super and had all their details checked and confirmed correct yesterday but today I found a third with with the same USI as Australian Super but was listed as WestScheme a Division of Australian Super. 

Under Lists>>Superannuation Funds, try sorting the list by SPIN/USI. If you find more than one with the same USI you can run an Accrual by Fund report to tell you which employee it's for. Good luck!

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @H-TS and @ElkaS 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. As explained by @KimSoutham multiple funds using the same USI will cause the payment to fail. You will need to check that employees are linked to the correct fund.

If you are still having problems with your super payments please let me know and I'll be happy to look into it for you.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ElkaS
Trusted Cover User
68 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

68Posts

17Kudos

3Solutions

Thanks @Tracey_H . The January 22 payment have finally been debited from our account last Friday.  Cheers, Elka

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post