Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Super Calculation Errors

Hi,

Since doing the latest update to 2020.2 and processing a payroll I have noticed on 2 of my employees that the superannuation isnt calculating correctly as is alot higher than the 9.5%. I have checked the settings and they are set up the same as the other employees and nothing has changed so im unsure why it is only happening to these 2 people.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,776 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,776Posts

5,137Kudos

5,544Solutions

Re: Super Calculation Errors

Hi @StoneTiles 

We have encountered a number of clients reporting that the superannuation and expense calculations are showing incorrectly in AccountRight 2020.2. This is currently under investigation by our team. Currently, the recommendation would be to update that value manually to be the required figure before processing the pays for those employees.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue with our payroll as well.  

The explanation is helpful, at least to have as a file note for audit records.

The existence of the problem is not helpful due to the time that it takes to identify which employees' pays are in error and need to be manually corrected.

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Not every company does their own calculation check of the super each paycycle, many rely and trust your software to provide accurate calculations. It is reckless of you to just advise only those who have discovered the issue on their own and not advise all of your users of this possibly costly problem.

This is third issue i have identified with your software generating errors to be given no solution and instead told to make my own manual correction.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,776 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,776Posts

5,137Kudos

5,544Solutions

Hi Everyone

As previously mentioned, this has been something that we have identified as occurring in the AccountRight 2020.2 version and have passed onto the required team to investigate further. 

In addition to that, we do recommend checking out AccountRight 2020.2.1: Things you should know which does include a list of things that have been identified as not working as intended with that particular version, including any listed workarounds.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
54 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

54Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve

I just stumbled onto this post!

Can I suggest that just like you have the informational bar when a new update is available at the top lhs of the Command Centre you also put "Things you should know" or "Known bugs" up there too.

We shouldn't have to go searching for the bugs that each upgrade brings

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

I agree, we need to know as this is a serious issue for EOFY, not an inconvenient bug. Emailing clients would be better.

I only found it yesterday when doing my YE Super rec, and only went to the Community because I couldn't identify what had changed except the update.

If I do an adjustment payrun to correct this NOW, will the new super balances be recognised in the next pay on 29 June? I can't be manually calculating all the pays on 29 June to be sure, as I need to pay Super Funds same day.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,776 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,776Posts

5,137Kudos

5,544Solutions

Hi @WG1 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight 2020.2 and the things that have been identified as not working as intended. We've shared this feedback with our teams.

Our latest patch, AccountRight 2020.2.2 does correct a number of high impact things that have been identified as not working as intended with the initial AccountRight 2020.2 version. Clients will receive in-product messaging to install the patch update. Alternatively, a reinstall of AccountRight 2020.2 can be completed using fresh installers from your my.MYOB account to install that updated version.

TIP: You can check what version of the software you are using via Help>>About AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post