Super Guarantee increase from 1/7/21

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super Guarantee increase from 1/7/21

Hi, I assumed that the increase in the Super Guarantee from 9.5% to 10% would be updated automatically by MYOB.  But I am looking at my Super Guarantee Payroll Category and it is still saying 9.5%. and it is the 8th of September.

Were we supposed to change this manually?  Why is something so basic and legislated not included in a routine update?  It is like when the PAYG tax tables change and are updated automatically.  And why were users not alerted to this situation?

2 REPLIES 2
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Super Guarantee increase from 1/7/21

Hi @MT1982 

The superannuation rate increase does need to be updated by the user. This doesn't occur automatically within the software. Users could have different percentages set for paying super, so this is not something we would change from our end. Do check out the forum article Super guarantee rate increase 1 July 2021 for information on updating that rate.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Super Guarantee increase from 1/7/21

Thanks for your response and for clearing that up for me.  I have updated our rate. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post