JacqW
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super Not Calculating correctly

Hi All,

I have over 20 people on the payroll and there are two that for some reason the super is claulacting as .-01 cent

I have deleted the super from the cards and then re-ticked it, and still no change.   

Any ideas on this?..  They are identical to the others that are calculating correctly.

Is this a bug?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
565 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

565Posts

83Kudos

99Solutions

Re: Super Not Calculating correctly

Hi @JacqW,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great source of information.

There can be a few factors involved with the calculation of Superannuation, to understand what may be occurring with this I suggest taking a look at @Neil_M's reply to a similar post on this: Super not calculating correctly (click here)

Please let us know how you go after reviewing that thread.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

JacqW
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
JacqW
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Hayden, 

That hasnt really helped, I cant tick or untick the exempt button.

I'd have to set up a new category which I dont really want to do.

There's just two staff that this is not working for, so I guess I will continue to calculate it manually and hope it may sort itself out in another update.

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,263 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4263Posts

3031Kudos

674Solutions

@JacqW @Hayden_B

Reading this - That hasnt really helped, I cant tick or untick the exempt button. makes me think that that your super is not set up correctly. By regulation super is payable on ordinary time earnings with Overtime, HLL and some allowances exempted. In MYOB this means that super must be set up  as 9.5% of Gross Wages with the above exemptions ticked. The reason that you cannot access the exempt button is that it is most likely set to Base Hourly or Base Salary. I would venture to say that the two people are on a different wages category than the rest of the team. If I am correct it will also mean that employees will not have been paid super when they take leave. You should call up last year's  Activity Summary and see if the Expenses is 9.5% of the gross for each employee.

I have attached a cut and paste from the ATO website that lists which payments are OTE.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
JacqW
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
JacqW
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Ron, 

Thanks,  I've only just moved to 2018.1 online.

Prior to this in Account Right I've been doing super adjustments every quarter becuase I'm aware the super was not automatically caclculating correctly.

I guess in this new version I am trying to achieve that automatic calculation.

So in  terms of what I am paying that's always been correct.

I'll have another look at the setups and see how I go with it.

Cheers

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,837 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6837Posts

737Kudos

951Solutions

HI @JacqW

As you may be aware, AccountRight calculates the superannuation figure on a pay based upon the eligible wages for the month to date and the amount of superannuation earned already for the month. This in theory should mean that the employee was always earning the right super and shouldn’t need to be adjusted unless there were exceptional circumstances.

As AccountRight uses monthly figures, if you did an adjustment at the start of a month dated within that month then all subsequent pay transactions in that month would be impacted and not automatically calculate superannuation on that pay until there were sufficient eligible earnings in the month.

Eligible wages are basically any wage category that hasn’t been marked as exempt with a superannuation wage category setup as a percentage of gross hours. If there was only one wage category setup in the calculation basis, then only employees paid on that wage category would automatically calculate superannuation.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
JacqW
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
JacqW
Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Thanks Neil

That totally makes sense - I'm currently double checking everything and I am pretty sure I won't have these issues going into the new year now I know how to set up exemptions

Thank you all for the feedback!

Cheers Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post