Super correction after reporting to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HDAdmin
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

25Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super correction after reporting to ATO

I processed contractor's Jun 20 super with cheque payments by mistake instead of EFT.  I realised it after sending finalising report to ATO. What is the best way to fix it? Can I delete them and do it again? What happens with ATO reporting if I do that?

1 REPLY 1
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Super correction after reporting to ATO

Hello @HDAdmin 

If you made a super payment but selected the wrong account in the Pay From Account field, here’s what you can do:

• If the payment hasn't been authorised yet, you can simply reverse it. Open the Pay Super transaction then go to Edit > Reverse Pay Superannuation. You'll then need to re-record it with the correct account selected. Click here for full instructions
  • If the payment has been authorised, you'll need to record a journal entry to debit the AccountRight account you nominated when you set up Pay Super, and credit the account which you incorrectly selected in the Pay Superannuation window. 

As for the ATO, the amount you are paying the employee isn't changing, it's just which account the money is coming from. If you reverse the pay, as long as it is reprocessed again the figures shouldn't be affected.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post