Super for causal worker who earns less than $450 a month

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MYOBforCP
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super for causal worker who earns less than $450 a month

Hi there

Our company has this casual worker who only works 4 hours every week from April 2020. We use MYOB Payroll Essential to run his payslip fortnightly and most of his payslips have a super amount of $57 under his wage for two weeks. A few of them don't. Just when we were preparing to pay his super, we ran a payroll summary last week for April to June and found there was only $57 for the whole quarter. We checked with our accountant who advised that we need to get in touch with MYOB.

We are very confused now. Although the accountant told us that we do not need to pay super if an employee is earning less than $450 a month, we still feel not sure. Most of this employee's payslips generated by MYOB have a super amount of $57 on them. If we add up all these payslips, it will definitely be more than $57. How do we explain this discrepancy between payslips and payroll summary?

Regards,

K

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Super for causal worker who earns less than $450 a month

Hi @MYOBforCP 

Thanks for your post. As explained by your accountant you are not required to pay super if the employee earns less than $450 in a month. With regard to the $57 on the payslips, can you tell me if that amount is reported in the YTD column? If so, that amount is the Year-to-date amount not the amount per pay period. 

If this is not the case, can you please provide screenshots of a payslip and the Payroll summary report. Please make sure you remove any confidential information before posting screenshots on the forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post