Super fund not showing in employee drop down

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User BV_Medical
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super fund not showing in employee drop down

Hi, I have a super fund that is entered in the superannuation list/superfund, but is not showing as an option when I go in to an individual employee's card/payroll/superannuation. Can anyone advise how I get it to appear there?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

888Solutions

Re: Super fund not showing in employee drop down

Hi @BV_Medical

I have seen this type issue occur for 2 reasons:

The Drop-down list is not updating with the information.

We are checking the Payroll Categories rather than Superfund list.

For the first reason - Drop-down list not updating:

If we have gone to: Lists > Superannuation Funds and have created a new fund here, then have gone to: Cards > Card List > Employee Card > Payroll Details > Superannuation and dropped down the Superannuation Fund menu and it is not displaying here, this can occur if the List has not refreshed and it's pulling up cached information.

This can be fixed by clicking the refresh menu on that list:

temp.png

For the second reason - Checking Payroll Categories rather than Superfund list:

I have seen a few times where Users have created a new Superannuation Payroll Category under: Lists > Payroll Categories > Superannuation and the Name of the Category shows the Superannuation Fund Name so it shows as something to tick off if the Employee Card.

Then when we create a Superfund in the Lists > Superannuation Funds menu it does not show as expected.

Can I confirm which section you are checking for this? The Superannuation Fund field for the Employee or the Payroll Category section?

(Payroll Category section allows you to tick options, Superannuation Fund is only a drop-down)

Please let us know how you go!

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User BV_Medical
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

It's not showing up in the tickbox section. Presumably I have to add it in via the payroll list under superannuation? A a side not, if that list needs cleaning up, can i delete or inactivate unneccessary listings?

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,211 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,211Posts

1,031Kudos

888Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @BV_Medical

This is actually normal behaviour for the software. If you create the Fund via Lists > Superannuation Funds, you are specifying the fund.

The Payroll Categories are not designed to act as Super funds.

If you are looking for this in the Tickbox section this is a Payroll Category designed to calculate the Superannuation Accrual and not act as the Superannuation fund in the software.

That being said, you can display it in here by going to: Payroll Command Centre > Payroll Categories > Superannuation.

Create a new Category or Rename a category accordingly for it to be displayed.

Please note that creating a new category and ticking it off for the Employee won't bring across any previously accrued Super amounts, you will need to create adjustment Pays to fix this up. And renaming a Category that others are assigned to will rename it for them also.

For setting up with PaySuper, you need to ensure the Superannuation Fund is set up as per this support note: Set up superannuation funds

I recommend checking your Payroll Category set up for Superannuation, I suggest checking this support note: Superannuation

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post