Super guarantee not calculating on some employees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Alastair1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super guarantee not calculating on some employees

We have about 30 staff paid weekly.

4 staff received a bonus in early July and ever since, super hasn't been calculated for them.

I can only surmise that the software is trying to help by thinking we shouldn't have paid super on the bonus so is trying to restore super to what it should be?

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Super guarantee not calculating on some employees

Hi @Alastair1 

As AccountRight calculates super on a monthly basis, if an employee wasn’t receiving super on a pay, after passing the $450 threshold of eligible wages it would indicate that either the employee is being paid on pay categories that aren’t eligible for superannuation or that the employee has received more than 9.5% superannuation based on their eligible wages so far this month.

To check whether the employee has received more than 9.5% check the employee’s pay history on their card for the month. This will show you all of the figures on each pay category for the month and you can total all of the eligible wage categories and work out 9.5% of that figure. If the superannuation figure on the pay history was more than the 9.5% calculated, there would be no super on the pays until the eligible wages for the month come back into balance with the amount of super.

For example if the pay history has $500 eligible wages but $95 super, there would be no super on the pays as 9.5% of $500 is $47.50 which is less than the $95 currently on the card. It wouldn’t be until the eligible wages for the month total more than $1000 that super amounts reappear on the payslip

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Alastair1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for confirming.

I can see some instances in which that intervention would be helpful. 

None apply in this case unfortunately.

I should have called the super on the bonus non super guarantee type super or some work around.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @Alastair1 

Although AccountRight will use the monthly calculation to work out the superannuation figure on a pay, it won’t stop you from manually overtyping the superannuation figure on the pay to give the employee more superannuation.

Do note that if you were doing this you’d have to manually calculate the superannuation figure for the pay

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post