Partner

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Super not calculating correctly

Hi

I have an employee who is paid $1500 per week

We pay 10% SG on this and I have set up to be 10% of gross wages in settings 

When I process the pay super is only calculated at $53???

Any ideas why this would be?

I am paying him with one ordinalry time earnings rate and the ATO catagory is gross earnings, could there be a reason why this is not all being reported reported as gross wages?

I have a clue about MYOB and this has me stumped!! 

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Super not calculating correctly

Hi @Melson2016 

When AccountRight calculates the superannuation figure on a pay it looks at a couple of different figures within the file on a monthly perspective. The first is the amount of superannuation that has gone against that superannuation category in that month. The second thing that gets taken into account is which payroll categories have been marked as eligible for the superannuation calculation.

Typically if the superannuation figure was not what you were expecting on a pay it means either one or more payroll categories that the employee is being paid on have been marked as exempt from the superannuation calculation or there have been adjustments done to the superannuation figure for the month causing it to be out of kilter with the eligible wage categories.

I’d start by going to the superannuation payroll category and checking what has been marked as exempt. Once you know what has been marked as exempt check the payroll history for this employee for the relevant month and compare 10% of the amount of eligible wages to the superannuation figure on the pay history

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post