Super on Roast day off (RDO) when it is accrued but not paid out

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CINDYCHAN2021
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Super on Roast day off (RDO) when it is accrued but not paid out

Hi

My company full time staff work on 40 hours but pay for 38 hours. The 2 hours have been continuously accrued for RDO. The staff can select RDO to take out at anytime. Currently, the staff take out RDO, we will pay RDO for Super. 

Under Superannuation Guarantee Ruling, SGR 2009/2 para 33, we should pay the staff when the staff is accrued the RDO on Super rather taken out of this RDO (first attachment in detail).  In ATO Community forum, ATO Community Support stated, RDO is like an Ordinary Time Earnings (OTE) when it is accrued and the super need to pay, rather than when the staff take out (second attachment).  That is the same matter when we pay OTE with super when they work rather than taking out. 

I have already contacted MYOB client support about this matter, they were unable to handle this matter and passed me on to the community.  Someone may already address this matter. 

RDO in MYOB is under the entitlement section how many hours to be accrued. Super is under Employer Expenses section that is only linking directly from Wages, Deduction and Tax section but not in Entitlement section.  Therefore, they won't automatically calculated and pay at the same time.

I won't like to manually enter this RDO in Employer Expenses every pay that we have over 50 full time staff. 

Does anyone know how to handle this matter capturing from Entitlement section and pay out from Employer Expenses? Much appreciated.   

Cindy

Super on RDO Super Para 33.png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post