Super payments ONLY from original Bank account - should not be able to change the Bank account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

52Posts

12Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Super payments ONLY from original Bank account - should not be able to change the Bank account

Super payments can only be made from the original bank account that was nominated.  It is VERY dangerous to be able to change the bank account when paying the super.  Please could there be some sort of warning like there is these days on the electronic payments area, to the efffect "Do not change the bank account from the original set up for Super".  One can change the bank account but it defaults back to the original!

8 REPLIES 8
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Re: Super payments ONLY from original Bank account - should not be able to change the Bank account

Hi @Super_Hag 

Thanks for your post.  Can you clarify what has happened? Changing bank account details would require competing forms for the paysuper team to process so should not be changable within the system. Additional information in the link changing your pay super payment details

Let me know how you're going with this and I'll assist. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

52Posts

12Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Super payments ONLY from original Bank account - should not be able to change the Bank account

Theresa thanks for your response but one can change the bank account from which you are paying within MYOB!  The system allows you to change the "Pay Super From" bank account.  I tried to give you a screen shot but was unable to do so.  It is VERY dangerous to be able to change ON THE SCREEN the Bank Account!! 

There needs to be a warning (similar to the blue one with Electronic payments) to let the user know that you cannot change the bank account.  Better still, it should allow the user to change it on the screen.

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @Super_Hag 

When I try to replicate this it does not allow me to change bank accounts for this, can you please provide a screenshot of the window you are in? (hiding any sensitive information) 

Let me know and I'll look into this further. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

52Posts

12Kudos

3Solutions

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Super_Hag 

Thanks for sending that through I get what you're saying now.  So when you set up pay super from the original bank account, it continues to be paid from the selected account.  Within the software itself, it will allow a different account to be selected, in this case Petty cash, but the amount is still being paid from the original account.  The software is still paying via the original account. 

If you still feel a warning/description message should display I can pass along this feedback to our developers to consider in future product development.  If this has answered your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

52Posts

12Kudos

3Solutions

Yes, it is very "dangerous" to be able to change the bank account!!  That's why I used a silly one like Petty Cash because no-one is going to use it for super payments.

phil404
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa,

I know this is maked as Solved but its a problem i have been partly dealing with since it came in. It always comes up with the first asset account, in my case "Undeposited Funds". There should be somewhere /way to link this to the account you need it to be so you don't have to change it every time. This would have saved me lots of time over the past year and lost of unnecessary journal entries to correct the mistakes as once it's saved and authorized it cannot be changed.

Could this be put through to the programers as a improvement request.

Thanks Phil

@Theresa_D wrote:

Hi @Super_Hag 

Thanks for sending that through I get what you're saying now.  So when you set up pay super from the original bank account, it continues to be paid from the selected account.  Within the software itself, it will allow a different account to be selected, in this case Petty cash, but the amount is still being paid from the original account.  The software is still paying via the original account. 

If you still feel a warning/description message should display I can pass along this feedback to our developers to consider in future product development.  If this has answered your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. 

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @phil404 

Thank you for the feedback. I would also recommend suggesting this on our AccountRight ideas exchange. Our ideas exchange is where users can discuss their ideas and vote for potential improvements to AccountRight, which our developers review when considering improvements for AccountRight. 

Please do not hesitate to post should you have other queries. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post