Experienced User Chellie2
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Super

an employee card has had REST Super and SGC ticketed, therefore has accumulated both lots of super. How do i remove the SGC Super to ensure the amount we pay to REST is correct and the payroll is correct.  This has happened from July-Sep quarter.  Do i do a dummy pay and put a negative amount of $650.71 or a Journal.

TIA

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,303 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,303Posts

515Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Super

Hi @Chellie2 

Generally speaking, superannuation categories are set up for different types of super, such as SGC, employer additional, employee additional etc, instead of being set up for a particular super fund. The Super fund information set in the employee card will determine which super fund the payments will be made to. I'd suggest double check the two super categories and determine which is the correct one to keep.

Once you work out which super category should not have been ticked, an adjustment pay can be recorded to reduce/remove the total incorrect super amount. Journal entries can only update account balances, but not the payroll figures that would be reported to ATO. The detailed instructions can be found in this Help article: Checking and adjusting superannuation

After that you can either report this adjustment pay in STP to update the YTD figures, or reporting your next pay event will also update the YTD information. 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post