Superannuation Guarantee calculating incorrectly in weekly payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RachaelM
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation Guarantee calculating incorrectly in weekly payroll

Hi,

I am having a problem with 1 employee's super guarantee not calculating correctly when I process the weekly wages.  I have checked all settings against another employee who works the same hours etc and can't find any differences.  The super is over calculating by around $40 this week! Other than physically overwriting it how can I get MYOB to calculate this correctly?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation Guarantee calculating incorrectly in weekly payroll

Hi @RachaelM 

AccountRight calculates the superannuation figure based on the monthly payroll figures, as opposed to the weekly ones. This can mean that on a particular pay the superannuation figure can appear higher or lower than the expected figure based off 9.5% of the pay slip.

You can check the figures for this employee by going to the employee’s card and going to Payroll Details >> Pay History. This will let you see the total figures for the month. Here you will be able to see whether the superannuation figure is 9.5% of the eligible wages or not.

If it wasn’t, then AccountRight would try to balance these figures with the superannuation figure. This will mean that the superannuation figure will be correct from a monthly perspective, even if the weekly pay transaction appears to have a higher superannuation figure than expected

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RachaelM
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions