Superannuation Guarantee not ticked

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BJR1
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation Guarantee not ticked

Thanks in advance.

I have just been on hold for 60min and gave up. So I thought i would try here.

I started a new employee and forgot to tick the Suoerannuation Guarantee box.

How do I get MYOB to calculate the super for preevious pays?

I can only find old posts where they say to re-enter all the pays!! Is this the only way?

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation Guarantee not ticked

Hi @BJR1 

Thanks for your post. One option is to delete the pays and reprocess them. However, you can also record an adjustment pay by processing a $0 pay. If you do this in the current month, the software will automatically calculate the super to the correct amount. If the adjustment is for a previous month, you will need to manually calculate the amount of super and enter it in the Pay Employee window.

This help article, Checking and adjusting super, will guide you through the process.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Dawnbinn
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Superannuation Guarantee not ticked

Hi,

I did the same thing for an employee for three pays in Febuary 2020.  MYOB were not help at all.  I came across and article "To fix a Super Payment" and this worked.  I would like to try to find the article and copy in the link but I dont want to loose you.  So I am more or less coping what I found which I printed off yesterday.

"To fix a Super Payment

1.  Start a new pay run for the employee.

2. Enter the memo "Super adjustment".  Make the date the end of the month. In this case for me was 29 Feb.

3 Enter the wage as zero. Make sure there are no figures.

4.  Zero out sick leave and holiday pay etc

The followoing is what MYOB say -

"When you process the pay, the software will automatically calclulate the amount of superannuation needed to adjust your employee's super to the new correct amount providing it is for the current month.  Should the adjustments relate to prio months the figures need to be entered manually in the Pay Em[loyee window. " 

I was the able to send this revised pay with a zero balance but showing the superannuation, to the ATO Single Touch Payroll. I was also able to check the Year to Date figures and that the superannuation was recorded for this employee.

I am only a user and not an authority on the programme but I hope this helps.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post