Superannuation Guarantee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RDonni
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation Guarantee

We have just noticed that the SGC did not increase automatically to 10.5% at July 1 2022 in our online Account Right Plus. So, I have done some investigating. When I checked the employee list, none showed as ticked. When I changed it to 10.5% so it now shows as automatic update, it is still calculating at 10%. When I tick the employees in the SGC category it now puts in SGC at 10% AND 10.5% in the payrun. What is happening? Is this a problem with the Myob file or have I missed something along the way? With the employees not ticked SGC is not showing on their card file, but SGC at 10% does come through on a payrun. It seems to be something in the background that needs to be switched off so I can ticked employees for the correct SGC and it will only come through the once

6 REPLIES 6
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Superannuation Guarantee

Hi @RDonni 

Thanks for your post. From what you're describing it sounds like you're got two super guarantee payroll categories. I'd recommend going to Cards List>>open an employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Superannuation and check the ticked super payroll categories for one at 10%.

If you continue to have problems with this please feel free to send me screenshots of an employee card and Payroll categories>>Superannuation tab. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RDonni
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No it hasn't. I still have the problem.

I have attached several screen shots so you can see what is happening.

The order is this:

1 Super Tab - Showing current status of payroll detals. Shows no SGC selected

2 Wage with super 10% - Showing payrun calculating the super at 10%, same employee

3 Super setting - Showing SGC to calc at 10.5% and currently no employees are even selected when I go into employee tab

4 Payroll details showing super guarantee selected - I then ticked all employees in super payroll category and now the employee shows SGC as selected

5 Payroll with 2 SGC - Now a payrun shows SGC at both 10% AND 10.5%

So somehow the 10% SGC seems to be sitting in the background and I can't get rid of it, or correct it to the 10.5%.

Super Tab.JPG
Super setting.JPG
Wage with super 10%.JPG
Payroll details showing super guarantee selected.JPG
Payroll with 2 SGC.JPG
RDonni
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

As mentioned my client still has the problem. For her payrun tomorrow I have told her to manually over ride the incorrect duplicated amounts in the payroll, but we would prefer the system to be working correctly. Can someone please look into this?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RDonni 

The last screenshot of the pay transaction definitely shows that two different payroll categories are linked to that employee. As it doesn't appear to be a superannuation payroll category go to Payroll categories>>Expenses tab and check if a super payroll category has been incorrectly created as an employer expense.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

RDonni
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I actually found that myself today by accident, and unticked the employees. It is now working correctly. No idea how that came about.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @RDonni 

Great to hear that you were able to resolve this, thanks for letting me know.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post