Superannuation - Member (Employee) Additional sent by MYOB to Employer Additional

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

66Posts

21Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation - Member (Employee) Additional sent by MYOB to Employer Additional

Good afternoon

Has anyone else had the problem where Super payments are managed/authorised through MYOB, and some employee additional payments have been allocated to Employer Addtional payment in the Super Fund?

There has been no change at all to the Payroll categories set up in MYOB, and it wasn't all of the contributions for the year, just 3. It has meant that the employee can't claim those additional payments as a tax deduction, so is pretty important!

I've been doing this for years, and don't even have an Employer Addtional Category set up in Payroll for any employees, so it's not like they could have been inadvertently allocated to the wrong category when manually entering the deduction in the payslip.

I would appreciate some feedback into how MYOB allocates the payments so that they are done correctly in the future.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation - Member (Employee) Additional sent by MYOB to Employer Additional

Hi @sal2107 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. If contributions are reported correctly as employee additional in AccountRight but appear in the super fund as employer additional I would recommend reaching out to the super fund. 

I have seen one other case of this recently and it was the super fund incorrectly allocating the contributions. 

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

66Posts

21Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Superannuation - Member (Employee) Additional sent by MYOB to Employer Additional

Hi Tracey, thanks for getting back to me. The Super fund said it had to be from MYOB. I'll contact them again, and tick the 'accept as a solution' box for now.

Thanks again

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post