Superannuation Payments - Fund Change

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rural_Youth_Tas
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation Payments - Fund Change

Hi, one of the superannuation funds we use has merged with another and changed name.  We were advised to update the USI and ABN as at 25 March.  I marked the original fund "OLD" and created the newly merged fund, and assigned the staff members concerned to the new fund.  My concern now is that I have already processed 2 payrolls for March, with a final one tomorrow, before running the Pay Superannuation process for March, early next week.  Will the superannuation payments for the previous 2 payrolls be directed to the new fund, or will they go to the old fund (which won't be functioning)?  
I've just pulled up the Pay Superannuation screen and the information for the relative staff members has adjusted to the new fund, for both previous payrolls in March, despite only creating the new fund on Thursday.  
Am I safe in assuming that this means those payments will go to the correct fund when I run the March super payment?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Rural_Youth_Tas
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Superannuation Fund name change

Hi, I've got the same thing happening - old super fund changed to new one, updated USI and ABN as at 25 March.  I've created the new Super fund and can link it to the 2 employees involved, but what about the 2 payrolls I have already processed this month, they still say the old fund (of course) in the Pay Superannuation window.  I can't seem to find how to change them to the new details before I run the Super payments next week?

Thank you!

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Rural_Youth_Tas 

Welcome to the Community Forum!!

AccountRight will only need to know what the employee’s super fund is when it comes to paying the superannuation through the system, not what the superannuation fund was at the time the individual pays are recorded. 

For example, if you pay your superannuation quarterly and your employee gets paid weekly then all of those superannuation payments will be paid to whichever super fund you have selected at the point of paying the quarter’s superannuation. Therefore, if you have changed the superannuation fund and linked it to the employee before processing the super payment, the payments should still go to the new fund. 

As you mentioned that the super fund name is not correct in the Pay super window, can you please click on the blue arrow next to the fund name and check if the details are new. Due to caching issues, fund name can be shown incorrectly on this window but if it has correct details, you should be good to process the super payment. 

Let us know if you have further questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Rural_Youth_Tas
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Komal, and yes the next day when I checked, the superannuation fund name had updated in the Pay Superannuation screen, so all good.

Cheers,

Linda

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post