Superannuation and Salary Sacrifice for 16 Year Old

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WeightmanPlumb
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation and Salary Sacrifice for 16 Year Old

I have a 16 year old that works different hours each week so by the end of the month he would have accumulated the $450 to qualify for super.  He also wants to Salary Sacrifice $20 each week to his super - I have done this last month and now when I got to Pay Super to lodge and pay the super for last month it has crosses against his name and I cannot process the super unless I untick his entries.  Can you advise how I can get around this so that I can pay his super with everyone elses - thanks Cheryl Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
AliK607
MYOB Staff
425 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

425Posts

173Kudos

116Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation and Salary Sacrifice for 16 Year Old

Hello Cheryl, @WeightmanPlumb ,

If you hover your mouse over the red cross against his name, it should give you a description of what needs to be addressed before the super can be paid.

My guess is that the 16 year old may not have a valid TFN as yet. The Pay Super feature built into MYOB is in compliance with the SuperSteam Legislation, whereby when super is paid by the employer, we must report the employee's super contribution details to the ATO (which includes a valid TFN for each employee amongst other details).

(PS: generic tax codes like 333 333 333 are not supported with Pay Super, therefore we advise that you get in touch with the super fund to see if the super can be paid manually, and be marked as paid in the 'Pay Liabilities' window in MYOB  -  https://help.myob.com/wiki/x/hIBW )

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
WeightmanPlumb
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Superannuation and Salary Sacrifice for 16 Year Old

Hovered over the red cross and all it needed was a phone number - everything else was fine - many thanks for the suggestion Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post