Superannuation calculated wrongly

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation calculated wrongly

Hi @Anita_DEN 

Superannuation is calculated on a month by month basis. So that particular pay is looking at the full calendar month's worth of pay to determine that superannuation.

The calculation for that pay is as follows:

Base Hourly pay history amount + this pay's base hourly amount:

$5536.44 + $2768.22 = $8304.66

This gives you the month's gross wages

Gross wages for the month x superannuation rate percentage (9.5%)

$8304.66 x 0.095 = $788.94

This gives you the required superannuation amount for the month (or the target if you will)

Required superannuation amount for the month minus what has been processed already

$788.94 -$664.23 = $124.71 

$124.71 is the amount that is shown on that payroll transaction for the superannuation.

$664.23 being the amount of super from the pay history- originally you listed it as $387.73 then you have done an adjustment of $276.50 to give you $664.23.)

In summary, AccountRight does appear to be calculating the superannuation as intended. The reason why it is not 9.5% of that particular pay is that it will calculate based on the full calendar month. As you have had that category exempt for the past few pays these ae being factored into the equation for the month.

Going forward you'll find that superannuation is calculated as intended as you haven't had past pays impacting the calculation and it would be a fresh calendar month.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Anita_DEN
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Superannuation calculated wrongly

Thanks Steven, that makes sense. Of course it calculates it on a monthly basis, incorporating the $450 threshold, and because we paid the extra superannuation missed in May in this month, it's reduced accordingly. So I expect it to be correct in July.

I'm still unsure how the change came about in May, with neither the AL loading nor the Salary Packaging exempt, as the setup had been correct before, and I didn't go in and make changes.

We'll keep an eye on it!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post