Superannuation not calculating correctly

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Maria32
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation not calculating correctly

Hi

I have an employee who as part of a salary negotiation has been granted a 1% increase in his super.  Initially, it wa s10 % and now it is 11% with efect from the last pay in April 2019.  I have done everything I could do, however it does not seem to calcualte the 11% on Gross wages.  Any help will be higly appreciated.  Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation not calculating correctly

Hi @Maria32 

Thanks for your post. How have you set up the calculation basis for superannuation? You may have selected a specific category instead of choosing Gross Wages. The help article Superannuation has some screenshots of the window, see subcategory "To set up a superannuation category" where you should be able to set "Calculation Basis: Equals 11% contribution Percent of Gross Wages".  Double check this and see if that fixes the issue. 

Let me know how it goes.  If this solves your inquiry please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find this solution easier.  Keep me posted!

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

@Maria32 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

like @Theresa_D said check yoy superannuation category is set correctly and if it is just one employee on the higher rate you will need to create a new super g'tee category for them.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Maria32
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa and Graham

I have done that and the right catgegory has been chosen.  I have gone and manually changed the super for now.  I am hoping that when I roll over after June 2019, things should be okay

many thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post