Superannuation not calculating correctly

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AnneH1605
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation not calculating correctly

I have an issue with superannuation calculating at 18% not the 10.5% it is supposed to be. I had 3 1/2 hours on the phone with a MYOB consultant but she was unable to assist me with an answer. I don't know if it's something in my settings or what it is. The super guarantee is set at 10.5% but is still calculating at 18%. I was supposed to have someone call me back last week to do a "team viewer" meeting but we haven't heard anything.  Is anyone else experiencing this? I have another pay run this week and would love to have it sorted but then.

5 REPLIES 5
AnneH1605
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Supper calculating at 18%

I have an issue with superannuation calculating at 18% not the 10.5% it is supposed to be. I had 3 1/2 hours on the phone with a MYOB consultant but she was unable to assist me with an answer. I don't know if it's something in my settings or what it is. The super guarantee is set at 10.5% but is still calculating at 18%. I was supposed to have someone call me back last week to do a "team viewer" meeting but we haven't heard anything.  Is anyone else experiencing this? I have another pay run this week and would love to have it sorted but then.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Superannuation not calculating correctly

Hi @AnneH1605 

Thanks for your post. Super calculates on a monthly basis and will automatically adjust the accrual amount to ensure 10.5% is accrued for the month. This means that any adjustments will affect calculations for the rest of the month.

To check if super is calculating correctly do a dummy pay run for the first week of the next month. If it calculates correctly it means that an adjustment has been done which is affecting subsequent calculations in the current month.

If it is incorrect in the dummy pay you would need to look at the super payroll category set up to work out why it's not calculating correctly.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AnneH1605
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

I have just tried that. it doesnt change anything. 

still caluculating at 18%.

I have looked at the payroll catergory settings and it says 10.5%.

I am at a loss here. As I said before I had hours on the phone with a consultant. I took screen shots and emailed reports to them and we still had no outcome. I asked for a Team Viewer session which was to take place last Friday, but that did not eventuate and I have still not been contacted. i need to arrange a suitable time as I work several jobs and I know this may not be easy, but surely when told that someone will call on friday ( a week following my orininal  phone call) and I make sure I'm available someone could at least let me know if this can't happen. 

Please advise asap

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @AnneH1605 

So that I can look into this for you can you please send me the following screenshots:

• dummy pay run transaction with payment date as 01/08/2022
  • superannuation payroll category set up

To post screenshots, use the Microsoft snipping tool to create the screenshot then click on Photos to upload. make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AnneH1605
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi, I have tried again today and the dummy run on the 1st august is calculating correctly. It wasnt yesterday. 

I will do a proper pay run again on Friday and I will see how that all goes. I will contact you again if it hasnt resolved by the end of the mont.

thanks for the help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post