Superannuation not calculating on Annual Leave for Salary Staff

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Michelle_G68
Trusted Cover User
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

23Posts

7Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation not calculating on Annual Leave for Salary Staff

I have changed our company accounts to MYOB Accountright Live for the 2019 finanacial year.  I setup the Payroll categories including superannuation exactly the same as they were in my Accountright Enterprise file.  I have just noticed that superannuation has not been calculating correctly for salary staff when they take annual leave or sick leave.  Basically superannuation is not being calculated for salary staff on any leave.  I have included screen shots below to explain. 

I have checked the exemptions and I have no exemptions ticked. 

It is the same for staff on different funds as well. 

This did not happen in Accountright Enterprise. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Superannuation Setup for Salary StaffSuperannuation Setup for Salary Staff

Normal Salary Payroll recordedNormal Salary Payroll recordedAnnual Leave Payroll recorded. Note no superannuationAnnual Leave Payroll recorded. Note no superannuation

5 REPLIES 5
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Re: Superannuation not calculating on Annual Leave for Salary Staff

Hi @Michelle_G68 

Open the Super payroll category and click the Exempt button. This will likely show you that someone has exempted Annual Leave Pay when calculating Super - if yes untick.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
Michelle_G68
Trusted Cover User
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

23Posts

7Kudos

3Solutions

@gavin12345 wrote:

Hi @Michelle_G68 

Open the Super payroll category and click the Exempt button. This will likely show you that someone has exempted Annual Leave Pay when calculating Super - if yes untick.

Regards

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Thanks, I have checked and no exemptions are ticked for any funds.

Michelle_G68
Trusted Cover User
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

23Posts

7Kudos

3Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

UPDATE:

I have done some more searching last night and believe I may have the answer to my problem but would appreciate if someone could confirm.

I had staff on salary setup as base salary in the superannuation setup and staff on wages setup as gross wages.

From what I read last night the gross wages category isn't for staff on wages, it is the category that includes all payroll categories and then you can tick to exempt the categories you don't want included.

This would explain why it only seems to be effecting salary staff with annual leave and not wage staff on annual leave.

I think this is slightly confusing terminology on MYOBs part.  Maybe it should be more of a select all category rather than gross wages.  

Would appreciate confirmation on this or not if I am incorrect in my understanding.

Thanks all.

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @Michelle_G68 

Thanks for your post.  You are correct that since you have set this to calculate from Base salary, and no base salary was entered, it did not show up.  You can check the setup and find additional details by checking out the following help articles for AccountRight 

Superannuation

Checking and adjusting superannuation 

Completing a $0 pay run--- linking this in case you want to pull through YTD info after making changes 

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Michelle_G68
Trusted Cover User
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User