Superannuation not working out on employees payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
morrisonkd
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation not working out on employees payroll

Hi, I have newly set up accountright 2019.4 with only one employee in this accountright.  The other accountright (same version), the employees superannuation is working perfectly.  But this one company MYOB is not working out employees superannuation at all.  I can not see the difference between the two MYOB so why is it not working on one but is working on the other MYOB?  I have checked everything i can think of.  The entitlement is ticked on the employee and the superannaution guarantee informaiton is the same on both.  

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Superannuation not working out on employees payroll

Hi @morrisonkd 

In terms of superannuation calculating, it is calculated on a month by month basis based on the payment date of the transaction.  

As you have mentioned that the payroll categories are setup similarly in both the files, there are some other things that you can check to figure out why super is not getting accrued for this employee:

• When you are processing the employee's pay that you are not using one of the Exempt categories to pay out the employee - Exempt button.
  • Has the employee accrued super on this file before? If not, have they earned the minimum threshold that is $450 for the month as the super would only start accruing if after they have been paid the minimum threshold. Therefore, I would recommend looking at the pay history of the employee.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

morrisonkd
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Newly set up the payroll as we have just moved over from old MYOB to STP payroll .  I can manually work out the super and add it to the payroll but it will not automatically work it out itself.  Paying well over $450 per week for a fortnightly pay so it should be automatically doing super. Not using any exempt categories to pay out employee.  Made sure that the Payroll Categories are the same for both companies, so I  can not understand why for one company with two employees and not for one employee in a different company.   Both companies are on Account Right Premier. 

Thank you 

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @morrisonkd 

In order to rule out any issues with the superannuation category itself, we will have to test a payroll transaction in future. In the new file, can you please enter a dummy payroll transaction for the month of april and check if it accrues any super. Do not record the transaction but only check for superannuation accrual on the Employee pay page before recording.

Please note that even if you enter a fortnightly pay, super is calculated for the entire month. Therefore, if you have not noticed any super accrued in the first fortnight, the system would automatically adjust the super amount to be exact 9.5% of the total gross wages of the month in the next fortnight. Making manual super adjustments can cause the system to miscalculate super, therefore it would be recommended not to manually adjust super until the last pay of the month, as in most cases it won't be required. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

morrisonkd
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts