Superannuation on Exempt Benefits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NewUser710
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation on Exempt Benefits

Hi,

I have one employee who receives Exempt benefits. When I set up his superannuation categories I have set up a fixed amount of RESC for the exempt benefits and a manually calculated amount for the SGC payment as the standard default calculation calculates super on gross wages which is doubling up the total super calculated.

However I have discovered that changing the SGC from an automatically calculated sum in the software changes it for all employees. I have two questions: 1. Is there a way to have the super for SGC calculate manually on this one employee only with the rest auto calculated? 2. I have already reported the last payroll via STP with incot\rrect super figures. What is the best way to correct this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation on Exempt Benefits

@NewUser710 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

If you want to have a different setup for Super G'tee for different staff members then you have to create new Super G'tee categories to suit.

The three things you will need to watch out for are that you need to make sure the linked accounts are correct, the excemptions are correct and the basis for calaculation is correct.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
NewUser710
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia