Superannuation payment for old outstanding super

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Accounts12341
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Superannuation payment for old outstanding super

I have one staff member who (for reasons outside of our control) didn't have a compliant superfund until a few weeks ago.

We're paying their current super into their new compliant fund account now however, there should be about $5000 worth of super unpaid.

The Employee Superannuation Advice report from the start of their employment to date says they're due $15718.19 and the Superannuation Payments by Employee report says they've been paid $5976.55 so they're owed $9741.64 which is exactly the amount I expected.

I then went into Pay Superannuation and put in the correct dates (which go back to 2017), expecting the outstanding transactions to be there waiting for me to tick and pay but there's nothing outstanding for this person.

I then went into manage payments but there's nothing that is awaiting processing there.

I don't have any unreconciled superannuation amounts on the bank statement.

Where is it and how do I pay it, please?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Superannuation payment for old outstanding super

Hi @Accounts12341 

Thanks for your post. If you go to Payroll>>Pay Liabilities>>Liability type: Superannuation and select the dates can you see those super amounts? 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Accounts12341
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

There it is!

Thank you!

Whilst I have you, there's another few amounts here in pay liabilities.  Would I be right in saying these amounts are the difference between super accrued with payroll and what's been paid for each individual?

Accounts12341
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I've just hit another hurdle...  When you pay super from pay liabilities, it just records an entry.  It doesn't actually process the payment through the clearing house.  I've called the super company to get BSB and account details (like you used to be able to do) and they've said I can only pay via the clearing house.

Is there a way of processing super payments via Pay Liabilities?

thanks again

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post