Superannuation returned funds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User KimD
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
KimD
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation returned funds

I have followed the instructions regarding reversal and reprocessing of returned super funds and that has all been done. However when I reprocessed the employees returned funds I put them in with the current month as one lump sum. I now have the dilemma that my bank rec has 4 amounts that dont match. should I have done each month seperately? If not how do I reconcile the bank account.

Thanks

Kim

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,913 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22913Posts

2605Kudos

3268Solutions

Re: Superannuation returned funds

Hi @KimD

Ideally, your bank transactions in AccountRight should match those as your source transactions (i.e. Bank statement). This does mean that if your bank statement is showing as having multiple transactions ideally you should have multiple transactions in AccountRight to match those transactions.

However, if those transactions have been recorded in AccountRight as a lump amount but on your bank statement as individually there is nothing stopping you from ticking that one transaction in the Reconcile Accounts window when you do your next reconciliation. If you do use this method I would ensure that the value of the AccountRight matches the dollar value of the transactions recorded at the bank's end.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
KimD
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

The problem I have is the returned funds were for April and May, once I reversed the payments and reprocessed those that went through it left the total amount different to what was reprocessed. if that makes sense.  Then I reprocessed the payment for the returned funds and also added in the month of June.  This was reconciled against the bank statement as money going out, have I missed a step for matching up the reprocessed amounts that went through?

Kim

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
KimD
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

All good, I worked it out. Just needed to do a journal entry. but it is all sorted now.

Ultimate Partner Seattle
1,526 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Seattle
Ultimate Partner

1526Posts

1242Kudos

142Solutions

@KimD @Steven_M

Kim,

I always reconcile the Payroll Reports to the Current Liability Accounts on the Balance Sheet.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post