Superannuation settings

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mathilda
Trusted User
109 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

109Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation settings

Afternoon all - I have a small payroll and all the employees are on an hourly wage, except for one which is employed on base salary.  If I change the super settings on his card to calculate 10% of his base salary, all the other cards change as well, so his is calculating but the others don't get calculated (zero).  Is there a way to alter an indivicual employee's card to suit his employment basis without affecting the others, because until now I have been entering his manually so that all the others can at least be correct.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Superannuation settings

Hi @Mathilda 

Payroll categories are linked to employees and thus each change that is made to a category will impact all employees linked to that payroll category.

Typically, if you did need to change a payroll category for one employee (or a small number) you would create a new category and link the required employee(s) to that category. However, as you are dealing with a situation superannuation category my recommendation, in this case, would be to change the Calculation Basis of that category.

I assume the calculation basis is set to be Equals 10% of Base Hourly, thus an employee that is paid Base Salary is not being included in that calculation. What I would be doing is updating that to be Equals 10% of Gross Wages. What this will do is calculate the superannuation on all the amounts paid to the employee. You may need to exempt some categories from that calculation so that they would not be included in that calculation to do that select the Exempt button and tick those categories. For example, say you need to not pay superannuation on Overtime, you would go into the category, select the Exempt button and tick Overtime. This way the amounts paid through the Overtime category are not included in that calculation but other categories like Base Hourly or Base Salary would be.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Mathilda
Trusted User
109 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

109Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Superannuation settings

@Steven_M  thank you for helping - this makes perfect sense.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post