Superannuation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Partner STracy
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
STracy
Experienced Partner

26Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation

Client is using MYOB AccountRight Live.  One of the employees has a SMSF and I am trying to set it up in the Superannuation Fund List but I am unable to find the Registered Name and USI number so I cannot pay directly from MYOB.

Can someone please advise how I can set this up to pay directly.  I have the Super Fund name, ABN, BGL Electronic Service Address and Bank Details.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6796Posts

730Kudos

947Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Superannuation

HI @STracy

Thanks for your question.

Within AccountRight 201X.X setting up a SMSF is relatively straightforward. This is done through Lists >> Superannuation Funds. When you create a new superannuation fund you can choose the type of superannuation fund; whether it’s a APRA regulated fund, which is for any superannuation fund registered with the ATO that isn’t an SMSF. Conversely there is also a dropdown option for SMSFs, which when chosen gives you different options to a standard APRA registered fund.

If you have a previously created superannuation fund, AccountRight will default this to an APRA registered fund, so you won’t have the option to adjust this into a SMSF for the employees. Instead you will need to create a new fund to be able to choose the option of the superannuation fund being a SMSF. Additionally, when you create a new fund, there will be a tick box about this fund being paid through AccountRight. If this isn’t ticked then the contributions for that employee will not appear under the Pay Superannuation window.

Do let us know how you get on with this 

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Partner STracy
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
STracy
Experienced Partner

26Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Superannuation

Thank you @Neil_M for your response.  This is exactly what I needed to know and have now set up the SMSF correctly.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post