Superstream

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User
158 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

158Posts

82Kudos

1Solutions

Superstream

I run MYOB Account Right Live and V19  for a number of my Clients, often not visiting my Clients. I am not the business owner and therefore cannot register for MYOB SuperStream. How do I get around this. At least with V19 and Premiere V19 I can create the CSV file without registering with MYOB, then re-formatting into a CSV file the Clearing House these Clients use.

3 REPLIES 3
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

1,711Kudos

234Solutions

Re: Superstream

Hi BronwynHamster

For Version 2015.X

The business owner can register you as a "creator" of pay superannuation in the MYOB file.    You can create the payment ready for the business owner to authorise.  

You will need to train your clients on how to login and authorise the payment.  Basically the owner "authorisor" will log into the file, click on Manage Super, they will enter there my.myob email username and password.  A SMS will be sent to their phone with a code to complete the authorisation.  Here is a good support note  Make superannuation payments

When your client applies for Pay Superannuation there is a option on the application to set up a "creator". 

If your client has already applied for Pay Superannuation.  There will be a form to complete that the business owner will need to complete and email to paysuper@myob.com however I can't locate this form on the support notes so hopefully MYOB can provide this form on this post. 

I would strongly advise and cautions bookkeepers and consultants not to ever set yourself up as a "Authorisor" on clients files.  If you are to set yourself up as a "authorisor" you are essentially deducting the monies from the clients bank account.  It is not worth the risk making yourself liableSmiley Surprised.  The "Authorisor" must be a signatory on the nominated bank account.

I don't have any clients on version 19 using Pay Super so not sure how it all works with this version hopefully someone else on the forum can help you with this.   I imagine that MYOB has set up a similar process for Version 19.

Hope this information is helpful.

Have a great daySmiley Very Happy

Renae

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User
158 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

158Posts

82Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks for the assistance Renee! Unfortunately my clients do not have MYOB on their computers and do not want to have to be bothered with the process, hence employing my Company to deal with. Happy not to use MYOB superstream and continue to use the Clearing House these Clients are already setup with, however need to "Save Superannuation File" which is available in AccountRight V19 / Premiere without the need to register with MYOB.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

1,711Kudos

234Solutions

Hi  BronwynHamster

You have a valid point there re: owners not accessing their files.   Please click on this link to vote if you agree

Ability-for-business-owners-to-authorise-Pay-Super-via-the-my.myob account

Thanks

Renae

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post