TAX TABLE REVISION - WARNING RECEIVED

1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

TAX TABLE REVISION - WARNING RECEIVED

When processing payroll today a warning was received that the Tax Revision Table is out of date 1/7/2011!  It is  greyed out so cannot be changed.

General Payroll Information for Company states the same date 1/7/2011. Yet when I go into the actual Payroll Category the Revision date is 1/7/2020!

I upgraded the file to the latest version 2020.3.0 just prior to processing payroll. I have closed MYOB and gone back in to see if that changed the date but it remained the same.

Has someone got a solution?

SCREENSHOTS PAYROLL TAX REVISION DATE 1 7 2011 and 1 7 2020 .jpg
7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Re: TAX TABLE REVISION - WARNING RECEIVED

Hi @IS49 

Thank you for your post.

You can check what the tax table revision date will be used for the pay via the Tax Table Revision Date value on the Process pay window:

Attachment.PNG

Can you please confirm for me the date you are seeing here? From my understanding, when processing your first pays in AccountRight 2020.3 in the new payroll year the tax table revision date will be updated.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Today - 23/9/2020 6.46pm (WST)

Payroll was processed yesterday 22/9/2020 first pay after upgrade to 2020.3.0

The General Payroll Information under Set up still shows 1/7/2011 (greyed out).

When processing payroll Table Revision Date is still 1/7/2011 (greyed out) still has warning - out of date.

Payroll Categories>Taxes>PAYG Withholding states Tax Table Revision date as 1/7/2020.

Please advise which Tax Revision Table is used when processing the payroll?

Can any one help!

MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Ilda49 

From my understading, if the Payroll Categories>Taxes>PAYG Withholding states Tax Table Revision date as 1/7/2020 then that would be the tax table used when processing pays. 

However, having investigated this further, it has been suggested by my team that to resolve the issue of the wrong date (1/7/2011) appearing under General Payroll Information, try performing the following steps, ensuring you backup both company files before proceeding. 

1. Uninstall AccountRight.
    • Access the list of programs that are installed on your computer.

- If you use Windows 8 or 10: Right click in the screen's bottom-left corner and choose Programs and Features. 
      - If you use Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button and Choose Control Panel and then Programs and Features.
    • Click the AccountRight software you want to uninstall then click Uninstall. In some Windows versions this may appear as Change/Uninstall.

• Click through any confirmation windows, and click Yes to wanting to completely remove the selected application and all of its components.

2. Delete the 2020.3 folder from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight
    • Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer (or File Explorer).
    • In the address bar (at the top of the window) type %localappdata% and press Enter on your keyboard.
    • Double-click to open the MYOB folder.
    • Double-click to open the AccountRight folder.
    • Right-click the 2020.3  folder and choose Delete then click Yes to confirm.

3. Reinstall AccountRight by double-clicking the downloaded installation file.
  4. Try doing the payrun again and let me know if you still get the same error with the tax tables. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Jesh,

Tried your suggestion twice but to no avail.

I think it may have something to do with the actual company file.  The payroll module was never used and so the payroll years not rolled over.

I have upgraded the company file from 19.13 to 2020.3 this finacial year. 

MYOB is using the 2011 tax table eventhough it says 2020 in the Payroll Categories, as I did a comparison with another company file (which is current).

Solution please?

Ilda 49

Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Jesh,

I've found out from another source that the problem may relate to MYOB now automatically updating Tax Revision Tables, which I believe was introduced in June 2020. This meant that some users who did not update their payroll tables annually/manually prior to this date, are stuck on the superceded Tax Revision Tables, as at present there is no provision to manually change the Tax RevisionTables in the current programme.

I assume that MYOB does have a solution for this problem, as I'm probably not the only one with this issue.

Can someone please assist.

MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Ilda49 

Something else I would like you to try is doing a $0 pay run. In some case, we've seen that by doing a $0 pay can in fact force the tax table to update.

Please give that a try and if it does not update for you, could please send me a private message with your full name, email address and serial number so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Ilda49 

Thank you for working with me on the forum and in private messages to resolve this issue. 

While it might not apply to all users who have similar issues, the resolve in @Ilda49 case was a discrepancy in Cards List>>Employee>>Payroll Details>>Taxes, whereby a wrongful amount was typed into the Extra Tax column. Once this wrongful amount was deleted the issue had been resolved.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post