TERMINATION PAYMENT PROBLEM

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
pandasaigon
Trusted Cover User
72 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

72Posts

3Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

TERMINATION PAYMENT PROBLEM

Hi,

We  use MYOB AccountRightplus

One of our staff resigned.

We now need to pay his unused annual leave, RDO, and some sick leave which is he now claiming for.

According to the last payroll we paid for his last working week, we found that the balance of all entitlements was different from the current balance on shown the entitlement balance report, I do not understand why.

When I processed the final payment to pay him all of these entitlements but I got a lot of trouble with this final payment as below:

-I enter each entitlement balance hrs same as last shown on the previous payslip on this final pay, (this is the way we normally do)  by doing this the balance should be reduced (to zero) as it used to,  however, not only it DOES NOT come to zero but continue to create another new entitlement balance on this new payslip.

-The entitlement balance constantly changes between each generated payslips and the changes do not make sense. After several trying to make the correct final payment, I ended up with have to delete all the final payment I made as it is all wrong.
Do you have any idea why this happened and how to fix it?
I can send you more information such as our serial number, access to our file, name, and email, tel contact if needed.
Please please help as we need to make this final payment as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Thank you.

Cindy
4 REPLIES 4
katherineAFD
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Re: TERMINATION PAYMENT PROBLEM

Hi Cindy: 

Have you process the ETP?  becuase if you just pay out all the entitlement like the standard payroll payment, the employee will get new entitlement on the leave paid out.  

Hopefully, I didn't confuse you more. 

Kind Regards, 

Katherine 

pandasaigon
Trusted Cover User
72 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

72Posts

3Kudos

5Solutions

Dear Katherine,

No, I have not processed EFT because I found out that the payslip is wrong so I deleted the payroll transaction before going any further, and make it more complicated.

Please advise how to fix the problem.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @pandasaigon 

To determine the outstanding entitlements we do recommend running the Entitlement Balance Detail report. You will then need to create the payroll categories for the unused leave payments. As mentioned by @katherineAFD you do need to make sure those categories are excluded from the entitlement accrual calculation or they will accrue leave on the leave paid out.

You should also check if the termination payment is an ETP (Employment Termination Payment) according to the ATO. This link will help with that: What is an ETP?

I would recommend following the steps in these help articles to ensure the termination pay is processed correctly:

Processing a final pay

Determine any outstanding entitlements

Create payroll categories for termination payments

Exclude termination payroll categories from super calculations

Record the final termination pay

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

pandasaigon
Trusted Cover User
72 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

72Posts

3Kudos

5Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for sending the links below.

I found the answer is the standard pay for normal last wages had to be done separately from final pay.

My problem was I tried to combine all into one pay so the system was confused and mixed up all the entitlement balance. But once you do separately, it works well. No, it may have to do 2 -3 payslip until the final balance of entitlement comes to zero.

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post