Tax Rates for HELP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TaylorBrammer
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Tax Rates for HELP

I noticed the tax rates seemed a little 'off' for employees with the Tax Free Threshold + HELP.  Checked the latest fortnight's wages (tax rates) against the ATO's withholding tables and there is a significant difference.

Where am I going wrong?  Have ensured the 2019 Tax Tables are loaded.  This is happening to all three employee's in this tax category.  Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Tax Rates for HELP

Hi @TaylorBrammer 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. 

This is likely due to the selection assigned since there are multiple options depending on the employee situation.  I cannot recommend specific assignments but I'll link Taxes and Update the PAYG tax tables for reference.  

Untitled10.png

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TaylorBrammer
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The tax calculated for each of my 3 affected employees is approx $30 less than what they should be paying. How do I fix this?

Is my only option to make an entry into the "extra tax' field?

TaylorBrammer
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Theresa,

I have been looking into this and have discovered that the calculated tax has altered after 1st July (it was correct in last financial year but has reduced by $24 in this year).  Can send some screen shots privately if it helps.

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @TaylorBrammer 

If everything is set up correctly then the calculation should be correct, so I will need to gather enough info to replicate this so I can see where the issue might be happening. 

First please check the Tax table revision date by going to Setup > General Payroll Info > Tax Table Revision Date.  Also please go into each of those employee cards, Employee Card > Taxes > Tax Tables and check which one is selected as there are more than one option as shown below

Untitled10.png

I also need to see the payroll figures (wage) and taxes they receive.  Please include this information in your response to the private message I will send.  Let me know and I will further assist. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @TaylorBrammer 

Thanks for sending me the relevant details via message.  I just wanted to address the forum post as well in the event that other users come across this. 

I recreated this on my end and have come up with the same amount of tax ($570) that is showing in your system.  It also matches using the ATO Tax withheld for individuals calculator when the relevant fields are entered.  You can use this as well if you ever want to double check how it is being calculated.

I hope this clarifies. If this answers your post please mark ‘Accept as Solution’ to help other users find this information easier.

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post