Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

124Posts

47Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Tax rate changes for 2020-21

Any word on when the ATO will have the new tax rates ready for implementation?

27 REPLIES 27
MYOB Moderator
3,804 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,804Posts

288Kudos

388Solutions

Re: Tax rate changes for 2020-21

Hi @DeannaK

Thank you for your post. We are aware of the current proposed tax table changes announced recently with respect to the recent Government Budget. At this time, we are awaiting for the ATO to publish the updated tax table rates before we look at making changes to the software.

If there is a requirement to updating the PAYG tax tables within our software we will be releasing an update to clients ahead of the proposed date of those changes.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

4 Posts
User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Per ATO website the changes impact from payments made today onwards

https://www.ato.gov.au/Rates/Tax-tables/

As we are doing a payrun today do we just use the old rates and it will be washed out in indivdiual tax returns next year?

Trusted Cover User
124 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

124Posts

47Kudos

2Solutions

I had a gut feeling something would happen today! 

I also had payroll this morning so my employees will have to wait another pay period.

Information I have read has suggested what you said @KellyH95, people will get the July to now extra bit back when they do their return next year.

MYOB Moderator
3,804 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,804Posts

288Kudos

388Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @KellyH95@DeannaK

Thank you for your posts. Our team are working on this and they expect to have an update available for these changes before the 16th November 2020 deadline. More information and updates will be available on the following post - Tax Table Update - Oct 2020. 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

27Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

@Melisa_D    -   I am an AccountEdgePro V18.2 offline, All I need is an updated tax table to download (same as each financial year)- Is there an ETA for this to be available on my.myob console?  How will we be notified?  Doesnt seem like something that would take until Nov 16th as per your post (which sounds like time needed for more complex updates) -Thanks Jodi 

MYOB Moderator
3,804 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,804Posts

288Kudos

388Solutions

Hi @RG5000

Thank you for your post. We are looking into the AccountEdge product range in relation to the updated PAYG tax tables to see what actions are required to allow those updated to be used by clients. As soon as we get an update on this, I will update you on this post. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Is there an ETA on the tax tables for MYOB as yet?

Other accounting programs have already supplied these so employees can be paid at the new tax rate.

I know it will all be fixed up at end of financial year, it would just be nice to be able to pass these on to our employees ASAP.

Trusted Cover User
124 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

124Posts

47Kudos

2Solutions

I saw an email with a post that said next week.  But I can not get into that post as I don't have 'access to this resource'.  The thread was "Tax Table Update - Oct 2020".  Here is the link from the email.  Re: Tax Table Update - Oct 2020 

It seems like this is where the good information is, but not sure if anyone can access it!

Trusted Cover User
98 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

98Posts

20Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @MalKleenduct

While waiting for MYOB to release the update for new tax tables you can calculate the tax payable and edit the PAYG in each employees's pay. It's a long way around but until MYOB prioritize this and update the tax tables it's the only way to pay our employees correctly according to the new tax tables.

Can you please advise of the accounting programs that have already updated their tax tables?

Thank you

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post