Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Terminated Employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User AWD
58 Posts
Trusted Cover User
AWD
Trusted Cover User

58Posts

12Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Terminated Employee

Good morning,

I am using the latest version of AccountRight (desktop) on Windows 10 Pro.

An employee was terminated this week and I am trying to finalise their pay.

I am following the 7 steps having processed this weeks pay for every one as normal (noting the terminated employee worked 2 days, sick one day to complete their week of three days.

I initially did not finalise the weeks pay, simply added the figures for all our staff (4) and then went to Step 2 and ran the Balance Detail Report (for the terminated employee) - which showed leave owing up to the last Friday (as expected)

I then finalised the normal weekly payroll process and re-ran the Balance Detail Report (for the terminated employee).  However, the report shows Annual Leave accrued 2.92 hours which is what is normally accrued for the whole week.  I expected the leave to accrue at a rate equivalent to the hours worked and sick leave, i.e. three days, not five days.

I can't proceed until I resolve my understanding of what I may have done wrong.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Cover User AWD
58 Posts
Trusted Cover User
AWD
Trusted Cover User

58Posts

12Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Terminated Employee

Good morning again,

Progressing through Step 3 Create Payroll Categories which I thought I could do whilst I waited to hear about my problem above, I found where my issue is caused:

Payroll Categories -> Entitlements -> "Holiday Leave Accrual"  is set to 2.923 hours per pay period.

My focus right now is how do I recify the Terminated Employees leave balance owning?

I will address changing the payperiod setting another time.

Regards

Peter

Trusted Cover User AWD
58 Posts
Trusted Cover User
AWD
Trusted Cover User

58Posts

12Kudos

3Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Terminated Employee

The buisness owner has decided to accept the additional hours recorded and simply pay the Terminated Employee

This Post can be closed.

Regards

Peter

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post