Termination of employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User JackieBell
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Termination of employee

Hi,

Not sure if I selected the correct board. I have the MYOB Accountright software.

I have an employee who has left last week. Her final normal pay was processed and paid on 16th Dec. She had 5.12 hours of annual leave accrued that I have just processed today (20 Dec). The unused Annual leave is not seen as an ETP payment. There are no ETP payments for her. Do I still need to process a separate ETP payment summary for her, and if so, when I go to the Payment Summary Assistent, how do I cancel/not process all the other employees in the list? Or should I skip step 7 and just pay her the unused annual leave, pay the super and process her end of the financial year payment summary after 30th June 2019 with all the other employees as per normal?

Thank you very much for your support,

Kind Regards,

Jacqueline Bell

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,103 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,103Posts

4,263Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Termination of employee

Hi @JackieBell

Based on my reading of the ATO site on this topic, there are specific circumstances that would require an Early Termination Payment (ETP) payment summary and payment of an unused annual leave payment may not require an ETP payment summary. Although, it is best to speak to an accountant and the ATO to confirm your circumstances:

Do not use the PAYG payment summary – employment termination payment form for amounts you have withheld from payments of unused annual leave and long service leave.

If that is the case and you are not required to produce an ETP for that payment you would complete the payment summary process as per normal at the end of the Payroll year.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you very much, that was very helpfulSmiley Happy

Have a lovely Christmas,

Kind Regards,

Jackie Bell

Ultimate Partner DuncanS
1,719 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,719Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

@JackieBell @Steven_M

Jackie,

I believe an employee can request a Payment Summary on resignation eg leaving the country and wishing to do a Tax Return. The employer should comply.

Other than special circumstances, the Payment Summary for a terminated employee would be issued at year end as part of the normal process.

I understand SG is not payable on Unused Annual Leave paid out on Termination

(SG is payable on Annual Leave taken during employment). Have a look at SGR 2009/2.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you very much, Duncan,

Both points you made are good to know!

Luckily the employee didn't have much Unused Annual Leave left so SG wasn't a problem but definitely good to know it for next time.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Bell

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post