Time In Lieu - Payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Time In Lieu - Payslips

Anyone having issues with TOIL not showing on the employee payslip if there is no transaction in the pay fortnight?  Some of our employees do not use their toil in the same pay period and if there is no accrual or time taken there is no balance showing on the pay slip.  Any input greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,086Kudos

5,487Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Time In Lieu - Payslips

Hi @KimO

Do you have Setup>>Preferences>>Reports and Forms>>Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on paycheque stubs unticked? If that is unticked, payroll transactions where that category has not been used will not show the year to date value on the pay slip (even though it does have a value).

Let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Thanks for your response.

Yes we have.  It all works fine if there is a transaction for the pay period but it would be great if the balance showed like it does for Annual leave.  (I know there is a transaction annual leave as it accrues each pay.)  TOIL has to be banked or taken for it to show up with a balance.  Means our staff sometimes forget they have TOIL to take and we like them to take it as soon as possible after the event.

Many thanks

Kim

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,086Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @KimO

Just testing with my company file and that preference does work as indicated above with TOIL based entitlements. i.e. when the entitlement is not being used and the preference is enabled the entitlement will show whereas when that preference is not enabled it will not show the entitlement if it not being used:

Attachment2.PNG

Attachment.PNG

I would recommend ensuring that the preference is enabled in the company file and that you do have Print on Pay Advice ticked on the relevant entitlement - (Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements>>Select the relevant entitlement)

If those options have been enabled,  so we can investigate can you provide a screenshot of the entitlement category setup, the reports & forms preference tab, a screenshot of the pay and a copy of the corresponding payslip.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Thanks..... mybad...... Sorry I miss-read your response.  

If we select the systemwide preference does that mean that ALL entitlements will show on the payslip or can we then select which entitlements show at the entitlement level.  We do not like to advertise Personal and Sick Leave balances, also we have a set up for Compasionate Leave just so we can track it and do not wish it to show on the pay slip as it will cause much confusion for the staff.

Many thanks

Kim

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,086Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @KimO

The way entitlement balances work for pay slips is that you have the option Print on Pay Advice for each entitlement category, this determines whether it not will appear on the pay slip at all. The reports & forms preference will show the balance of all current entitlements* if it is ticked regardless of whether that entitlement category is used in that pay or not.

For example, you mentioned that you track compassionate leave but do not wish it show on the pay slip. You would want to untick Print on Pay Advice for this entitlement category. This means that it will up on the Pay Employee window when processing the pays but will never appear on the pay slips.  Whereas something like TOIL where you would want to see the balance, but it is not necessarily used on each pay, you would ensure that the Print on Pay Advice is ticked and the preference has been enabled so you can see those entitlement hours when the entitlement is not being used for that pay.

*Current entitlements being all entitlements used on a payroll transaction in the current payroll year.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Thanks for that. It appears to have worked.  Will see how it goes with our next payrun.

Cheers

Kim

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post