Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Time In Lieu balances not showing on payslip

Hi there,

I have just checked our 1st pay for Jul 20 and found that TIL balance is not showing on payslip for some employees

1. who have not accrued TIL in the pay period

2. Used TIL in the pay period.

For employee who accrued TIL, it works fine in payslip and in Entitlements Balance Detail.

We have the 'Include all YTD amounts and entitlement balances (system-wide)' ticked and print on payslip ticked. I run the Entitlements Balance Detail report and found that for those employees who have not accrued TIL in the period, their TIL opening hours is zero. Our AccountRight version is 2019.4 Please help. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Re: Time In Lieu balances not showing on payslip

Hi @Patchara 

Just to confirm, your employees who have used Time off in Lieu in this financial year are not seeing that TIL reflected on their payslip? Or the employees who have not used TIL are not seeing it on their payslip?

If an employee has not used any TIL yet, it will not show up on the payslip. AccountRight requires a Payroll Category to be used in the payroll year in order to display it on payslips. To test if this is the problem, you could process a $0 pay and add 1 to the TIL entitlement category. Then, reverse that so the 1 is removed. This should essentially trick the system to thinking that TIL has been used, and it should appear on payslips in the future. 

Additionaly, ensure that you have set up the TIL categories correctly as per these instructions, and that the applicable employees are ticked to be connected with TIL categories. Note that there do need to be seperate categories to track TIL earned, TIL taken, (both wage categories) and then an entitlement category to track the balances.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily_B,

Thank you for your reply. Per your advice :-

- I have processed '0' pay with 1 hr TIL entitlement and then later deleted transactions.

- Later I processed payment per normal but still TIL hours do not show on payslip for those employees who 

1.  have used Time off in Lieu in this financial year are not seeing that TIL reflected on their payslip

2. employees who have not used TIL are not seeing it on their payslip

So just to confirm with you for both groups of employees - they are not seeing their TIL on their payslips. Please advise what to do. Thank you.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Hello @Patchara 

I'm sorry those initial steps haven't worked. Can I confirm that you are seeing the correct balances in MYOB for TIL and it's only on the payslips where this isn't showing? (Reports menu > Index to Reports > Payroll tab > Entitlements group > Balance Summary). 

Additionally, ensure you have the preference set to show TIL amounts on a payslip in the first place. For an entitlement to appear on a payslip the following conditions do need to be met:

• Setup > Preferences > Reports & Forms - Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheques Stubs
  • Payroll > Payroll Categories > Entitlements > Select the entitlement > Print on Pay Advice is enabled
  • The entitlement needs to be used in the current payroll year

Please see this post which goes over these parameters in further detail, as well as this post regarding entitlements showing on payslips in general.. Let me know if you're still having issues with TIL on payslips after checking the above.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post