Time off in Lieu - accruing annual leave, personal leave etc

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
carolineh
Trusted Cover User
157 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

157Posts

9Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Time off in Lieu - accruing annual leave, personal leave etc

I set up some employees  for Time of in Lieu following exactly the instructions by MYOB on line and it seems to work well.

I didn't exempt TOIL from accruing Holiday, sick and Long Service leave - mainly because I didn't think that part through too carefully (ie if it's overtime it probably shouldn't accrue).  I'm waiting to hear back from my client as to whether TOIL  accrues entitlements in their award.

What I did notice though, is that set up how it is, exactly as per the Wiki instructions, both earned and taken TOIL accrues annual leave, sick leave etc.  

I assumed this must be the correct way to to do it.

The problem is that if I put say 10 hours earned (accrued) into the payrun, it then accrues a % of entitlements which is fine but then if I pay (take) 10 hours, it accrues the % again so doubles up on the entitlements!

The staff all compare their pay  slips at this client and have complained that they are all accruing differently whic his true and I didn't notice.   They all have different deals for TOIL and this seems to be what is causing the problem but I don't know why or how to fix it!

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Time off in Lieu - accruing annual leave, personal leave etc

Hi @carolineh 

When reviewing an entitlement category through Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements and selecting the desired entitlement, the user has the option to select Exempt (top of the Entitlements Information window). This would allow the user to exempt a category from being included in the calculations. For example, if you are not requiring Holiday Pay to be included in that entitlements calculations you would navigate to the entitlement category, select the Exempt button and tick Holiday Pay.

Note: The Exempt button will be applicable when the calculation basis is set to be Equals x Percentage of Gross Hours.

If you are unsure whether a wage category should be included in the entitlement calculations we do recommend consulting Fair Work Australia or a similar organisation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

carolineh
Trusted Cover User
157 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

157Posts

9Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Time off in Lieu - accruing annual leave, personal leave etc

Hi!

It's not overtime however we did get to the bottom of the problem.

The trick is to decide which one you will accrue annual leave on (assuming the TOIL is not Overtime) and exempt the other.   In my client's case, it now doesn't accrue on earned but accrues only on taken.

Previously neither were exempted so it accrued twice each time.

Thank you for your input.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post