Timesheet errors in payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User LindaLR
24 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Timesheet errors in payroll

I know this has been talked about before but I am always getting errors in my casual employees wages, if I don't sit and cross reference MYOB with my excel timesheet.  It happens randomnly and is driving me crazy.

I realise you can't put 0 in the hours in the card file and have to override this in the standard pay tab but it seems this standard pay tab changes, whenever you make any changes in the file.  

An employee has asked me why she got a pay rise.  I didn't give her a pay rise but MYOB decided to allocate her hours correctly from the timesheet, across the 2 jobs and then put one hour as unallocated in the jobs and kept the hours the correct in her pay advice, but spread it across the wage being paid as if she worked an extra hour (resutling in her being paid a higher rate).  If your confused, how do you think I'm going to explain this to my client and the employee.

Then another 2 employees in the same pay run received an extra hour pay (at their correct pay rates), when they shouldn't have.  Their timesheet was correct?  

Any ideas, before I try and explain this to my client would be apreciated.  I know how MYOB works, but this is not right.

How do I work with a payroll package I can't trust.  Can someone advise who I can speak to and have this reviewed?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,024Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Timesheet errors in payroll

Hi @LindaLR 

Out of curiosity, does this file use an Addon for the Timesheets?

AccountRight resets the Standard Pay if the Card File is updated by importing data which will bring the Hours back in. This could help explain some of what is going on.

If not, could you let us know how these Timesheets are being entered into the file? Either manually via Enter Timesheet or imported manually? This can give us something to go by when testing what may have happened.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Contributing Cover User LindaLR
24 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

For this payrun we were entering the hours through a timesheet in Excel, straight into MYOB through the import window.  We have since moved to an add on, but not on the week I'm querying.

It seems like the standard hours window keeps changing from zero to 1 and I can't possibly be constantly checking this and not trusting the rates in MYOB.

See attached screen shot on what happened.

Also for 2 other employees, they were paid 1 hr more than was in their timesheet, but it didn't do the spread of hours over the rate, like this one.

Capture.JPG
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,024Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @LindaLR 

From the sounds of things, if the hours increased by 1 it sounds like it added it to the pay which is why it seems like an extra hour was allocated. As hours from Timesheets add onto the Pay instead of replace the hours.

As for why the Standard Pay was reset to include the 1 hour, I'm not exactly sure for that week as any changes made to how the Employee's wages are made it will reset the Standard Pay (Or if we click the reset button which I doubt is the case here). However if it's continuing, I do know that some Addons update the Employee Cards as well as import the Timesheets into AccountRight which can cause this problem as importing the Employee Cards can refresh the Standard Pay.

In those cases where the addon is updating this, we've referred the User back to the Addon provider to let them know that they are constantly updating the Employee Cards in MYOB which is resetting the Standard Pay in MYOB causing an issue. I hope this covers your scenario as well.

Out of curiosity however, which Addon are you using?

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post