Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Too many employees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner wilf58
12 Posts
Partner
Australia
wilf58
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Too many employees

My client has 120 employees and imports timesheets from a 3rd party provider. Even though the CSV upload file is only 45KB there is an issue with MYOB timing out. This issue was overcome in V 2018.2 but is back again now in V 2018.3. We've made all the changes in the config.sys file but still seem to have issues. Now I have been told by MYOB to source a different software for my client who has been with MYOB for almost 20 years. Not happy!

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Re: Too many employees

Hi @wilf58

The fact that it was working correctly in 2018.2 and no longer in 2018.3 sounds like there might have been something set up in 2018.2.

I've helped someone else similar to this problem and the end solution was set up as either a Timeout Extender, as well as a Port Change as we have had some Port Conflicts before.

Both of these fixes are specific to that version when applied and if we install anything new it needs to be re-applied again. I'd be trying to re-apply these fixes to 2018.3 to see if this gives a solution to the problem. I've sent you a Private Message with the instructions on how to apply the Timeout Extender. You can check your Private Messages by clicking onto your Avatar in the top right and clicking the envelope.

To apply the Port Change fix:

1. Ensure that AccountRight is closed on the machine
  2. Download and extract the following Connection Hotfix 2018.3
  3. Double-click and run Regkeys_2018.3.reg
  4. Copy & replace the Huxley.Application.exe.config file located in the extracted folder to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\AccountRight\2018.3\SE
  5. Restart the server/host computer

You could also change the Port Manually using the Windows Registry though this reg file should do the trick.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @wilf58

Just checking in on this, is your client still experiencing any problems after those suggestions?

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
Partner wilf58
12 Posts
Partner
Australia
wilf58
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden - thanks for reaching out. Yes the client had the same issues again after checking that the suggested settings were in place. As a last ditch effort I have moved the data file Online and see if this brings any joy. If not then I guess we need to find an alternative.

Cheers

Wilf

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @wilf58

If you find this does not work, I'd like to look into this particular issue more directly. I've sent you a Private Message on the Forum with my best contact email.

Just flick me an email if things don't work out.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
Partner wilf58
12 Posts
Partner
Australia
wilf58
Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Hayden - we did send the data file to MYOB and we got the findings back saying it is environmental and not program related. However nobody could tell us what the environmental issues could be.  Amy Lee reported that she found no issues running the client data file on the Online platform so I guess we will find out next Monday when we run our pays. I also believe ping tests showed good speeds so we are hopeful.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post