Two company files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JanN
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

45Kudos

0Solutions

Two company files

Hi,

I hvae two company files, an old and a new. All our data is in the old file and I want to move it to the new file. I understand that I can use export / import but this does not cover payroll. How do I move over the payroll data? Is it possible to backup the old file and restore into the new file to get all the data?

Thanks

Jan Naughton

jan@mainbeachtravel.com.au

2 REPLIES 2
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,009Posts

86Kudos

253Solutions

Re: Two company files

Hi @Jann

Thanks for your post.

In this matter, we will not be able to move payroll data if it's on the same product. Generally, what you can do is if both are reporting for STP you may set up STP on the new file. However, it will not transfer all past pay-run transactions.

It will only be a continuation of the STP reports however, you will be able to process the pay run on the new file once it was set up for STP or you can manually enter the amount on the pay run history for past pay run from the old file to pay run history on the new file.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Leneth

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,365 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,365Posts

173Kudos

364Solutions

Re: Two company files

Hi @Jann 

Please do let us know if you still further assistance with this concern. Kindly click the "Accept as Solution" if the resolution provided above has answered your enquiry.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post